Monday, October 5, 2009

San Luis Obispo Plein Air

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to participate in the Plein Air event that is put on by San Luis Obispo Art Center, CA.
As I mentioned earlier, the area is absolutely beautiful with much diversity. I truly do understand why so many painters made the trek out west to California. Between the coast, harbors, inland wineries, valley farms, foothills, and just about ever where you look , there is something to be painted. I could really burn through a lot of linen out here. Not enough time in the day.
The event was very well run and very well attended.
A lot of talented artists, and a fun group at that.
I was surprised and thrilled to have my painting, "Amigos, Morro Bay" 18 x 24, chosen as best of show. It is always a treat when you win the favor of the judge for that particular day. All in all it was a very enjoyable event, met a lot of great new artists as well as hung out with some of the usual suspects.
Hope to be back next year.

1 comment:

Mark D. Johnson said...

Congratulations, Ken! That's an impressive piece indeed! I've been jealous of California artists for some time. Hope to paint there someday.