Friday, September 3, 2010

Summers End - KAFA

As much as I hate to say it, summer for me seems to be coming to a close. No rush to get to winter yet but now that the kids have gone back to school, days are actually growing a tad bit shorter and God forbid if we get one more rainy day here not sure what I will do. Not much of summer actually, way too much rain, seems like spring. My poor son Ross has been on the rider mowing grass every 5 days or so, even in August! I am looking forward to a beautiful fall.
Seeing that school is back in session KAFA, Kewaunee Academy of Fine Art, had their grand opening of the new school, which has moved from Kewaunee up the lake to Algoma, still Kewaunee county, so the name remains the same.
I was giving a workshop up there last week so I was able to attend and must admit it looks to be a great location for the school.
It is right on the river with a view of Lake Michigan, actually in an old sign painting building, hence the paint on the floor which is a wonderful added effect. A nice long space with a couple of great large working areas as well as numerous work stations. It'll be exciting to see how it all comes together. With Norma Bell, owner, and Craig Blietz, the director, I have no doubt it will be fabulous.
Here is a little YouTube piece that Channel 11 News did while I was there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdaoENS-YY0
Wishing you all at KAFA a great year!

No comments: