Friday, September 3, 2010

Monhegan Island Bound

In all of my travels over the years I have only made it as far as Port Clyde when it came to Monhegan Island, ME.
Well, all that will change on Tuesday.
With how much I have enjoyed painting the East coast as well as Apalachicola, Florida's Forgotten coast, earlier this year, I am jacked about finally getting over to Monhegan Island off the coast of Maine.
No cars, not all the homes have electricity, gravel roads, small fishing wharfs, little harbor, boats, big rock cliffs, light house, and all that on a 2 by 1 mile area, surrounded by water! Can't wait. Artists have been going there since the mid 1800's. I have been told that once I go I'll be going back again and again, year after year.
I am sure I will have a lot to add about this during my trip back in mid September.
Until then . . .