Monday, August 26, 2013

Plein Air Easton 2013

As expected it was HOT!

Yes I know it is almost the close of August already and I really should have written this earlier while it was fresh in my mind, back in July would have been nice.
I figured I already missed a post I was going to do about jurying the Durand Plein Air Event back in June but now a lot of what I wanted to chat about has gotten a little mixed in my head.

Easton was as always a wonderful event, most likely the best in the country. It is always HOT and I even got knocked on my butt for a day and a half due to some form of heat exhaustion. First time in 8 years, but then again I guess I am getting older.

The folks in Easton, the artists, the collectors, and the volunteers are always a great group. Lots of good energy there for sure. Plus never a dull moment, that seems to happen anytime you get that many different, talented yet prankster type artists together in one place.

Thanks as always to Margaret and Dick for their wonderful hospitality as well as to my roomie for the week - Mr. Greg LaRock, great dude!!

Don Demers the awards judge was as expected, witty, clever, well versed, and actually did a good job of judging. Hard to get everyone to ever agree about judging at any event but this is as stated earlier one of the big ones, so hats off to Don.

I was delighted to walk away with the Artist Choice Award as well as a 3rd Place for the Quick Draw.
I believe PAE sold over $330,000 worth of art over the weekend, pretty impressive. Jessica and Al definitely deserve a lot of credit for all of their work and effort they put into this event every year!

Below are some pix from the week.



Eric is always in need of a little help, and yes Hai Ou is already ready to show him the way.



Painting along side Greg LaRock in Oxford


                                                             Artist Choice Award


Quick Draw Winners

Jessica kept telling me I had to drop my Applebee's to see a photo of me in the entryway. Too funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blog Ken! Full of information and great stories! How cool to have a photo of you at Applebee's, ha ha... Thanks for sharing your stories...

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Wel, now I now you've made it if you are in Applebee's. How does it feel?