Friday, February 22, 2013

The need for a Larger Piano

In my studio I have a small Baby Grand, which at one time actually worked, which my son Tysen wished it still did.

I got it from Susan Lyon, Scott Burdick's better half, back in Oak Park IL many years ago now. I have used it as a prop and have painted it on numerous occasions. Great shape. As of late it has become a glorified workspace.

I find myself using the spot designed for holding the music upright as a place to display any inspirational books which are front and center in my mind at that time that I wish to have out where I can see them and draw from them.

Since the Edgar Payne Show in Pasadena last fall, then the Fechin Exhibit in the Twin Cites last month to now the most recent influence thanks to a dear friend. A new book on Frank Tenney Johnson. Beautiful! I think I need a bigger Piano!


No comments: